Northern Virginia mamas – I have got activities for you to do with kids every weekend, this weekend is March 19-20.
Subscribe to my blog to get a weekly email about these Northern Virginia kids activities posts!
We have all been there – it’s been a crazy week. Work was a disaster or taking care of a household full time seemed impossible. Now it is the weekend and you want fun activities to do with the family that are kid friendly – but what do you do? You try to go on websites but events get cancelled or the details aren’t comprehensive – so frustrating when you don’t have a ton of time! I’ve got you northern Virginia Mamas!
Every week on Thursday I am going to post about activities happening in Northern Virginia that upcoming weekend and post all the details. If I attend I will update the post with a comment after so you can see how it went and attend the activities in the future!! This weekend I looked for outside activities (tons of Easter egg hunts) however due to forecast calling for rain both days I looked for an indoor activity as well.
Dulles Expo Super Pet Expo – extremely kid friendly! And it was one of the only indoor activities I could find this weekend and with the rain I figured it was worth sharing. Pets welcomed! http://www.superpetexpo.com/chantilly.html
- When: Fri: 3-8pm, Sat: 10am-7pm, Sun: 10am-5pm
- What: weekend expo
- FUN—Exciting Edutainment for Pet LoversSHOP—Shop 150+ Local & National Exhibitors
- ADOPT – Meet Adoptable Pets
- LEARN—Learn About Different Pets and Pet Related Products
- PLAY—Leashed Pets Welcome – Retractable Leashes NOT Permitted
- SEE—Dogs, Cats, Birds, Small Animals and More
- Where: Dulles Expo Center 4320 Chantilly Shopping Center Chantilly, VA 20153
- Why: Forecast is calling for rain all weekend – boo! This will get you and your family out of the house! Kids Fun Zone for a moon bounce, face painting station, sand art, and crafts. (add’t fee)
- How: Drive – plenty of parking at the expo center
- Pet: FREE
- Adult (12+) 1 day is $13.00 and weekend pass is $20.00
- Children (4-11) 1 day is $8.00 and weekend pass is $10.00
- Kids under 3 free (one per adult)
Ticonderoga Egg Hunt – outside event weekends now – April 2nd CHECK WEBSITE BEFORE YOU GO for closing updates due to weather http://www.ticonderoga.com/seasons/spring/
- When: March 19-20, March 26-27, April 2-3
- What: I wanted to include this event because they have Easter egg hunts at 11:00 and 2:00 and it runs a few weekends. To be honest the website was lacking for additional details. I have been here before and there were cute activities for children however I cannot confidently state any to my readers. I tried to call for you but didn’t connect with anyone! Sounds worth it if you are looking for an Easter egg hunt at least in the local area!!
- Where: 26469 Ticonderoga Rd, Chantilly VA 20152
- Why: Cute farm activities and an Easter egg hunt! Special Guest: Easter Bunny!
- How: Drive – there is parking readily available. Admission $14.95 ages 2+
Have a fun/ dry weekend NOVA!
Till next time, Tiff