Losing baby weight with my first child was difficult – losing baby weight with the second it seems almost impossible! I mean, you are sleep deprived, trying to figure out your new bundle of joy and your body has gone through a few changes. Strike that, it’s totally different. Don’t get me wrong, Landon and Maddox are the loves of my life (along with Steve of course) so it was totally worth it but that doesn’t mean I can’t want to get into shape… quickly…. Probably quicker than is realistic.
I wanted to write about 4 things I am trying and get ideas from readers! Also I’ll write about progress to try (TRY) to keep myself accountable. I am NOT a fitness and nutrition expert so I had to do some research on little changes I can make to my daily routine that will WORK and help me in losing baby weight in a healthy way.
My baby is still young; I know its takes time to get the weight off (I’ve heard 10 months to gain; 10 months to lose). I just don’t want to buy new clothes! Besides the expense, I know myself and as soon as I buy clothes at a size bigger that will just ‘be my new size’ and I’ll never work to get the weight off! I’ve done research and read other blogs. I don’t want to crash diet because I am breastfeeding so here are some things I am going to try to change in my daily routine to help in my goal of losing the baby weight. Here is what I found to sound do-able for my life right now:
- Have a fitness goal other than ‘losing baby weight’
- I have always liked jogging; so my spring I want to run a local 5 K and by fall work my way up to a 10K. This way I’ll be getting healthy because I want to run a race and that will naturally lend itself to the results I want
- Drink more water
- I hate drinking water but I know I have to do it! It is easier to drink with a little flavor; I personally love cucumber. Mint is a good addition as well
- Want to see a great recipe for spa water? Visit http://getinspiredeveryday.com/lifestyle/springtime-strawberry-spa-water/ for a delicious one!
- Evaluate my workouts
- I am someone who does like cardio; I love to the great endorphins and natural energy. However, after having a baby I know I really need to tone; especially my stomach! I am going to increase my squats and lunges and of course start my plank challenge again! Want to see a monthly sample of the plank challenge; visit my post: https://momsbf.com/30-day-plank-challenge/
- Changing my eating habits
- I need to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet. I am not a huge fan of vegetables and given the choice the chips in the pantry sound tastier. I am going to try to drink the same smoothies I make for my son to ‘trick’ him into eating his vegetables; click here for a recipe: https://momsbf.com/vegetabletips/
- Snack healthier. I am going to the grocery store in the matter of minutes to look at things like dried fruits, almonds and low fat cheeses. I’ll keep you posted on what I find!
- Use my crockpot for some healthy low carb dinner ideas. One of my favorite food bloggers has a great recipe I am excited to try: http://www.eatyourselfskinny.com/slow-cooker-butternut-squash-and-farro-chili/
I am looking forward to finding good recipes and some changes that WORK! I have not had as much success as I would like up until now so hopefully if I enjoy writing about it (which I do!) that it would help me stay on the right track. Have a good tip? Or want to subscribe for a weekly post? Click here! https://momsbf.com/contact-us/
Till next time,