Kids Christmas Activities are important to me as I love Christmas; but I need to make them easy! I am a big believer that you don’t have to be super fancy or spend a lot of money to create memories for your families during the holidays.
Below is the Christmas ornament I did with both kids this year for one of our kids Christmas activities (yes, anything with paint and a newborn should be entered into with the expectation that you WILL make a mess somehow and need to change their outfit!)
Click here http://momsbf.com/contact-us/and I will email you my full list of kids Christmas activities –they are super easy I promise!
The ornament was an easy kids Christmas activities as well but I think it looks great and my toddler had fun doing it (he actually insisted on making one for his 1 month old little brother so he got to do 2 which he enjoyed!)
- Get fun items to fill a clear ornament with
- I chose little stars and glittery balls
- Michaels is having a SALE on Christmas stuff FYI – that is where I purchase from
- Unscrew clear ornament and set items and ornament in front of child
- My toddler loved this and I threw in guiding learning questions (what color is that? What shape? What do you want for Christmas ect)
- Take kids thumbs and press them in brown paint and press in middle of ornament
- This part was a breeze for my toddler, took a few tried with my newborn, I couldn’t get it perfect but perfection is NOT the goal
- Draw ears on top of thumb print along with eyes, nose and mouth
- Write a message! I did the year and each kids name, I am sure there are more creative messages though
- USE A PAINT PEN! I used 2 wrong ones before I bought a paint pen – works great on plastic
My toddler loved this and loved hanging it on the tree even more!
There are lots of fun traditions that I want to start with my family – what are your fun Christmas traditions? Or better yet – what are your ideas for kids Christmas activities?
Till next time,