I have been slacking big time on my blog; because I am PREGNANT! I figured now was a good time to announce my pregnancy on my blog which prompted me to write a post of why I feel the first trimester is challenging, or outright sucks! I am 20 weeks currently so the first trimester for me is in the rearview but I kept this list and as I encountered new ‘challenges’ I wrote them down as a coping mechanism. I really shouldn’t complain, compared to a lot of my friends my pregnancies are not that bad… but I’ll still use a platform to ‘complain’ so other mom-to-be’s can relate!
- Ok I am being generous – should’ve said ‘hit by a bus feeling’. There were days that I literally could’ve taken a nap when I ARRIVED at work. There are days when someone asked me to take on a new project and instead of my usual go getter attitude I rolled my eyes. I was NOT a pleasant driver (get out of my way!) and anything I was asked to do after 8:00PM – forget it. I told my husband many times, the dirty counters after dinner gave the house character!
- I cannot personally complain about this one but I included it because I heard it lasts all day. The. Worst.
- Weight gain worries
- I’ve been through this twice and had 2 completely separate concerns. My last pregnancy I packed on pounds EARLY (ok – I took “eating for 2” way too seriously”). And with this one I don’t feel like I have gained enough. What is that perfect number again….?
- Don’t talk about anything sad around me. Seriously. Or happy for that matter. I read a story about an orphan being adopted into a great family; and I couldn’t talk to anyone for 10 minutes due to excessive crying
- Shortness of breathe
- I am usually pretty active but even a flight of stairs rendered me slightly short of breath. I run during my lunch breaks with a colleague, the runs have slowly evolved into sprints with frequent walk breaks
- My left thumb hurts…. Probably something wrong with the baby. Ok, I am exaggerating but every little thing that feels weird I am convinced something is not right which leads to many many worries!
- No caffeine
- Please see issue #1; how are you supposed to get through the day without coffee? This is by far the biggest adjustment for me!
- Peeing every hour
- With my first I swear this didn’t start until month 6. With my second I am peeing every hour; thank goodness the bathroom at work is convenient. I can’t drink anything past 7PM or I wake up twice to pee in the middle of the night. I know my days are numbered for good sleep – I want to enjoy them!
- Skin issues
- Hello break outs! Like I am 14 years old and haven’t learned proper skin regimen. I can’t use half of the products I want to use so I just have to deal
- The timeline until you meet the next love of your life seems so far away!
- Perhaps the most annoying thing is knowing you will not meet your bundle of joy for another couple months! I look forward to seeing his or her face every day knowing I am soon going to meet the next love of my life J J
Till next time,