September 17 – 18: Fall Crafts are easy and fun – the weekend is almost here! Let me help you plan it with some crafts and activities to do with your family. Subscribe at momsbf.com/contact-us/ if you want the newsletter in your email inbox Friday mornings!
I am so excited it is FALL TIME! Especially this year, at 8 months pregnant I couldn’t be more ready for the weather to cool down. I am in full swing – trying to ensure I partake in as many local activities as I can and incorporate outside and ‘fall themes’ into our crafts. In addition to fall crafts I am also trying to bake some fall themed snacks however, full disclosure despite my best intentions the farthest I have gotten with fall food is one day when I went to Starbucks to pick up a (small) pumpkin spiced latte. Maybe this weekend I can try something and if I do I will post and ensure it is easy!
I love taking my son out for walks in the fall time and wanted to incorporate that into some fall crafts. It’s not too hot and something about this weather puts me in a great mood. This weekly craft is inspired by those walks.
What you will need:
- Plastic bag to collect leaves
- Leaves of various colors
- 2 Sheets of sticky contact paper
- Go on a walk and collect the leaves together
- Tip: Talk about the different shapes, colors and sizes of the leaves. Landon loved to find “BIG” leaves and he let mama pick the small ones
- At this time of year there wasn’t a ton of variety of colors but we did the best we could
- Take the leaves out of the bag and have your child place them on the contact paper
- Any place they want! Let them have fun discovering the new sticky paper and how the leaves stick to it
- Place the second sheet of contact paper (sticky side down) on top of the leaves
- This should create a “leaf sheet”
- Parent: cut out letters
- Could be your child’s full name, initials or first initial
- Place cut out letters on white paper and glue down
- Label date of craft and done!
- You can hang this in your child’s room/ play room/ craft area wherever!
Quick and easy! My goal over the next few months is to create a craft area for items like this – but I don’t have one now! Does anyone else have one?!? Send me a picture, I need ideas (I also need a 25th hour of the day to do this…).
- Haymarket day – In Prince William County? Come and enjoy Haymarket Day will full parade starting at 9:30!
- Apple Harvest Festival – Apple picking, live music, kids zone with inflatables and face painting. Looks beautiful and worth the drive!
- Dulles Place Pull – very cook plane pull with kidszone and food vendors!
- Touch-A-Truck (Warrenton) – Kids can see the big boy toys! Free ice cream and goodie bags!
- Mount Vernon Colonial Market and Fair: Puppet show, magic show, chocolate making – what more could you want?
Hopefully everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Till next time,