St Patrick’s day is quickly approaching and I think it is one of the more fun holidays to celebrate. So to keep up with my new tradition of holiday blog posting I have gathered information on local events and a fun but easy craft to do with young children!
First I will go through the craft. The weather in Northern VA has been crazy lately! Literally 70 degrees one day and freezing the next. With it being so unpredictable outside I want to make sure I have a few fun things to do for my toddler inside and holiday crafting is the perfect way to do that. Below is what we did:
What you will need:
- Print out of a shamrock
- Green tissue paper
- Cut out shamrock
- Cut green tissue paper into pieces varying in size
- Have child roll glue onto shamrock
- Glue tissue paper onto the shamrock and POOF you have a green shamrock
- See video below:
Landon enjoyed rolling the glue on the shamrock the most! I talked to him about St Patrick’s Day, got him excited to wear green and talked about how we could find 3 and maybe 4 leaf clovers on our next neighborhood walk.
Why did I love this craft so much? It was easy, it did not require a lot of shopping and my toddler thought it was fun!
Second I have a list of local events to help you celebrate St Patrick’s Day with your family!
- Parades – super fun for everyone!
- Irish Pubs – not as kid friendly but maybe you have a babysitter for St Patrick’s day? Master list of great pubs
- Bluemont Shamrock Run – beautiful 5K or 10K run through beautiful scenic route
Hope you enjoy the craft and a fun weekend activity; anyone else celebrate St Patrick ’s Day with a fun event or tradition?
Till Next time,