Activities in Northern Virginia – Mamas I have got previews for activities to do every weekend with your family!
Subscribe to my blog to get a weekly email about these Northern Virginia activities posts!
We have all been there – it’s been a crazy week. Work was a disaster or taking care of a household full time seemed impossible. Now it is the weekend and you want fun activities to do with the family – but what do you do? You try to go on websites but events get cancelled or the details aren’t comprehensive – so frustrating when you don’t have a ton of time! I’ve got you northern Virginia Mamas!
Every week on Thursday I am going to post about activities happening in Northern Virginia that upcoming weekend and post all the details. If I attend I will update the post with a comment after so you can see how it went and attend the activities in the future!! This weekend there are 2 St Patrick’s Day parades that will be fin and allow everyone to enjoy the awesome weather Northern Virginia is experiencing.
Washington DC Parade – http://dc.about.com/od/stpatricksday/a/DCStPatricksDay.htm
- When: Sunday, March 13, 2016, 12:00 – 3:00
- What: Parade – lively parade route featuring floats, marching bands, pipe bands, military, police, and fire departments
- Where: Constitution Avenue from 7th to 17th Streets NW, Washington, DC
- Why: The weather is calling for cloudy but 70 degrees on Sunday! What a great opportunity to get your family outside in the district and celebrate a lively parade
- How: Either metro or drive:
Manassas St Patrick’s Day Parade – http://www.stpatparade.net/
- When: March 12, 2016, 11 a.m.
- What: Community parade featuring Irish dance groups, the Northern Virginia Firefighters Emerald Society Pipe and Drum, Washington Scottish Pipe and Drum, Fairfax County Sheriff’s Coalition Pipe and Drum, the Marine Corps Color Guard and other area groups and organizations
- Where: Parade begins at the intersection of Quarry Rd. and Prescott Ave. in Manassas See a map of the parade route
- Why: Saturday is calling for a high of 64 degrees and sun! Come to the beautiful historic town of Manassas to see a cute local parade
- How: Parking is available at the City Municipal Parking lots located on Prince William Street (near train depot), Across from the Train Station (Near Osborn HS), City Hall and on Church Street
Enjoy this weather Northern Virginia!
Till Next time, Tiff